[AG-TECH] Matrox QID card

Todd Reed treed at astate.edu
Fri Mar 25 08:36:11 CST 2005

It does 4x4 DVI...No splitters.  Our projectors are VGA and the
operator's console is VGA.  We use DVI-to-VGA Converters on those.  I
can't remember the exact model number we purchased.  I think it was one
of the Low Profile Editions.  Next time I go over to work on the Agrid,
I'll check the model number.

--Todd

> I just installed a QID Card on our Display machine.  So far, it's
> working great.  That's the only card I'm using and it's setup for a
4x4
> with the first display being the operator's console.  The only issue I
> have with it is that when a popup box opens in the center, it open in
> the center of displays 2/3.  But that's just something we will have to
> get use to.  I would like to install the operators console on it's own
> video card, but I haven't done it yet.  I know that would stop it.
>
> We are running WinXP on our Display Node and Fedora Core 3 on the
Audio
> and Video nodes.

Todd Reed
Systems Administration
----------------------
Arkansas State University
Information and Technology Services

870-972-3033

Hey You!
--Keep your system up to date with the latest patches from Windows
(http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com) or Apple
(http://www.apple.com/support/).  Don't forget about updateing those
virus definatios, too!  Scan regulary for spyware with Adaware
(http://www.lavasoftusa.com/)

--------------------
This message transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which is it addressed, and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy
this message and any copies of this message, along with any attachments
immediately.

	Thanks for that; Good to know someone has used it too. While I
wait for
Matrox customer service, I might just ask you, does the card do  4 x DVI

or 4 x VGA with DVI splitters? Looking at the places that sell it it
looks more like 4 x VGA.
	I didn't know if you wanted me to reply to the list since you
just
replied to me.

	Thanks,

	Derek