[AG-TECH] Matrox QID card

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 24 13:26:34 CST 2005

	Hi everyone,

	I've been wanting to look into a newer graphics card for our AG machine
and I was wondering if anyone has any experience using Matrox QID cards?
I'm wanting to replace the PCI Nvidia Quadro NVS with an AGP solution
since I too have noticed slowdown with multiple video streams (like
Natalia mentioned a month ago on the list). One thing though, we have a
machine that uses a simple AGP card for its main/operator display and we
have 4 projectors arranged in a 2x2 'wall'. One thing I'm pondering over
though, is how to get the single display of the PCI card to be the
'main' one and have the AGP card drive the other displays, anyone know
if that's possible?. If I'd have to have the AGP card drive 'display 1',
I was wondering if anyone thinks this is sane:

Matrox QID (AGP)
display 1 -> operator console
display 2 -> 1st projector display
display 3 -> 2nd projector display
display 4 -> 3rd projector display

Matrox Parhelia PCI
display 1 -> 4th projector display
display 2 -> ?

	To note, I'd like to stick with DVI outputs on all 5 outputs (I know
you can do 3 displays on a parhelia card with VGA/RGB connectors).

	I welcome anyone's comments/ideas.

	Thanks,

	Derek

--