[AG-TECH]Can not connect to venue

langkals langkals at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:51:04 CST 2005

Hello AG Community,

I have two questions.  I am not able to connect to the https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov venue and are there any local color adjustments available within the AG 2.3 toolkit?

I am running a two server setup in a mixed environment.  The audio/video capture is running under FC3 and the display box is on a window XP both in an AGTk 2.3 environment.  The grid was running well earlier this week.

The next day I signed into each computer with a pass phrase, as the proxy needed renewal.  The capture box started up just fine, but the display computer did not recognize the pass phrase. I was able to get the AGServiceManager.py to start, but the capture cards were only showing (reflecting) real-time video of the FC3 desktop.

At the moment, there did not seem to be an easy method to around this issue to I removed all certificates and the proxy on just the display box in order to do a clean certificate install.  I have installed a service certificate successfully with no pass phrase.  Now I am getting a enter venue error "Can not connect to venue located at https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/venues/default.  Please try again.  After not being able to reconnect for some time, did I wipe out any default values used in connecting to the venue?

The only other parameter out of place during the first run of the grid were the colors of the local video.  They needed adjustment as locally view color brown was seen remotely as purple.  Are color adjustments strictly a function of the camera controls and not the grid?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration,

John Langkals

www.octs.osu.edu