[AG-TECH] FreeBSD and video capture cards

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 16 16:36:08 CST 2005

On 16/03/2005, at 11:41 PM, Marco Pirovano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list.
>
> We are setting up an AG node in our university and we will use FreeBSD
> 5.3
> on a Dell Precision 670 minitower.
> I'm asking which is the video capture card that you recommend to use
> whit FreeBSD.

Marco,

The AG2.3 toolkit release for FreeBSD 5.3
(http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/AG2/freebsd5.html) was built & tested on
a machine using a 4 input capture card model IVC-200. This card uses 4
of the very common bt878 chips, which are recognised in FreeBSD by the
"bktr" device driver. You could assume from this that any capture card
supported by the bktr driver would be suitable.

chris

Christoph Willing                        Ph: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland