[AG-TECH] RAT crashing - Best audio codec setting to use?

Nathan Gardiner nathan.gardiner at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 29 22:57:51 CDT 2005

Hi all,

With some testing of the default linear audio codec, when we try to bump
it up to 48khz mono or 32khz mono we experience after about 5 minutes of
the audio working perfectly a crash in rat. The audio just simply hangs.
I find that when I change to stereo that it doesn't crash but there is a
lot of clipping and digital feedback which cannot be tweaked out. 48khz
mono produces a great audio but isn't stable for us. My first thought
was the soundcard. But I have tested this with various soundcards
including Soundblaster Audigy 2. All have the same effect.

What is the ideal codec and setting for high quality audio under Access
Grid? What would be the best soundcard to use? Any thoughts or comments
would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance,
Nathan