[AG-TECH] Winnov Videum installation

Chris Rosenthal cmr.evl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:51:27 CDT 2005

Natalia,

About a month or two ago, I was working on getting a Winnov Videum
Quattro capture card installed and working with the AG.  Other
projects have kept me busy since then and I never did finish, but I
wanted to send along my email thread in case anything in there helped
you out.

Keep us posted on how the installation goes, I really should get ours working.

Chris

Jon/Gideon,

I called up winnov tech support today and managed to get the quattro
working with VFW drivers (woohoo) in both composite and s-video
formats.  The catch was that under video format, the source was set to
YV12 and it needed to be YUY2 (this was the first time that their tech
support has seen this problem).  I then put the cameras back, so that
the AG should be in working order.

The next step is to get the capture card to work with vic.  I
installed a few new AG packages to help with this, but these may not
be enough.  We might have to hack the config file to make these work.
See my other email...

Chris

Also try,

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2005/04/msg00175.html

And here is the thread I had with winnov support:

Hi,

Be sure not to run the Capture program and the config program at the
same time.

Can you try to get composite video working first?
For S-video, with Videum Capture, select Capture > Video Source.., then
select A-Y/C or what ever source you have connected.

On your Quattro, be sure to the connector (A or B) you plug into
correspond to the source you selected.

My phone number is 408-207-4433.

Regards,
Support/lh