[AG-TECH] No Vic or Rat in Fedora 3

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Jun 24 05:24:08 CDT 2005

Hi Mike,

> I've just upgraded one of my machines to Fedora 3 but when I run the
> VenueClient I do not get Vic or Rat starting up.
> Also I cannot find the AGNodeService. Anyone got any ideas

In AGTk 2.3, /usr/bin/AGNodeService.py no longer exists as it's
functionality is now provided by the -n switch of AGServiceManager.py,
e.g:

$ AGServiceManager.py --help
  -n, --nodeService     Run a node service interface too.

The NodeService is automatically started if you use the --personalNode
switch with the VenueClient or if you start the VenueClient from the
AccessGrid Gnome/KDE menu.

There is also a NodeService in the AccessGrid Gnome/KDE menu.

In the VenueClient, 'Preferences' -> 'Manage My Node...' and check that
you have an audio service and the video services listed under the
services, if not add the service (remember to store you configuration).

If vic and rat still aren't starting up, have a look at the logs in:
  ~/.AccessGrid/Logs/

If your ~/.AccessGrid dir is from AGTk 2.2 or earlier, rename the dir to
something else and try starting the VenueClient again.

Cheers,
Doug