[AG-TECH] disabling sloppy focus

Jason Pepas cell at ices.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 20 10:32:24 CDT 2005

In this instance, "focus" refers to which program your window manager has
brought to the foreground, and is sending all mouse clicks and keystroke
events to.  When you click on a window's title bar, it is said that you
give it "focus".

There are several schemes for window focus switching.  "Sloppy" focus is
the scheme where the window under the mouse cursor is the one which gets
the focus.

Windows XP, of course, does not use sloppy focus.  However, it looks
like the video windows produced by vic somehow override the focus
switching scheme of the operating system.  The result is an inconsistent
experience, where some windows obey sloppy focus, and others don't.
Some people prefer consistent behavior, which explains my earlier
question.

-jason pepas