[AG-TECH] Osprey 440 Cards, Matrox QID Video Card, Recommended Soundcard

Nathan Gardiner nathan.gardiner at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Jun 19 21:13:08 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Just wanting to know if anyone has experimented with or is currently
using any of these two pieces of hardware under an Access Grid session.

Osprey 440 - 4 Port PCI video capture card (due to be commercially
release shortly)
Matrox QID PCI-e Video Card - 4x DVI / VGA output graphics card

Also when testing AG 2.3 with standard onboard motherboard soundcards on
pc's, when we increased the audio quality on RAT using the Linear Codec
up to 44khz that it would generally crash after around 5 minutes. I
would say the obvious problem would be the onboard soundcards. Is there
a recommended soundcard that can successfully maintain high audio
streaming in AG 2.3? I was thinking of something like Soundblaster Live
or Audigy.

Thanks so much for any input or suggestions.

Kind regards,
Nathan Gardiner
Human Interface Technology Lab NZ (HIT Lab NZ)
Room 110, Old Maths Building, University of Canterbury
DDI: 364 3072, Cell: 021 163 2956, www.hitlabnz.org
<http://www.hitlabnz.org/>