[AG-TECH] GT1524 for Telco Bridge

Darin Oman darin at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 14 09:48:24 CDT 2005

Hi Sherry,

> My question is that if it is
> possible to setup a Telco Bridge using GT1524?

I'm not sure. We use the fairly standard Gentner (ClearOne) XAP 800/TH2
config.

> Also , I'm a little fuzzy on the concept of the term "Telco/Network
> Bridge".

Perhaps you mean a telco to network bridge, but I figure It should be
made clear that a telco and a network bridge are two different things.
A telco bridge will bridge a telephone call to the AG network, while a
network bridge will allow another AG site without multicast
capabilities to "borrow" your multicast connection.

> First of all, who should be hosting the Telco/Network Bridge?

It doesn't really matter. The meeting participants won't be able to
tell where the audio is coming from, since it's only audio (I'm talking
telco bridge). Typically, the site hosting the meeting would host the
call.

>  How many audio streams would be transmitted from the
> hosting site?

RAT thinks the telco call is just another microphone in your room, so
it's only one audio stream.

I hope this helps.

Darin