[AG-TECH] Recording Access Grid Sessions

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Sat Jun 11 05:12:45 CDT 2005

we use the control computer as a record machine, the windows media encoder
captures the screen and audio coming from the XAP (both local and remote),
this way we capture the PPT + audio, if VIC is running u can even select the
videostream with the lecturer and overlap it over the PPT. This way we have
a wmv of our seminars, etc.

What i was trying to do now is to record the actual AG session using
RTPdump, with this program i can record video+audio+PPT (as screenstreamer
uses RTP), i still have two problems:
1.- The size of files as all the videostreams are recorded: I'm trying to
solve it using RCBridge
2.- The filesize limit of the files generated by RTPdump (2GB): I've found
some fixes done to RTPdump.c to eliminate that software limit (havent tested
it yet).

Using this second method I can later use windows media encoder to obtain the
wmv record of the session.

Lately i've found a program called MboneVCR, though I havent tested it yet.

Regards.