[AG-TECH] Venue and Bridge Server specs

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Jun 9 09:49:55 CDT 2005

	Your VenueServer crashes a lot? hmm. I actually run ours on the same
machine that does our Audio and Video for the node we have here. This
was simple because when I was installing it last year, it was deemed
that that was 'the AccessGrid Linux machine'. Whether that's smart or
not, I don't know, but I've found it to be very stable. It's a single
P4/3Ghz with 1GB RAM. The machine was recently reformatted and
reinstalled (now Debian Sarge instead of RedHat 9) because of a failing
harddrive (Dell and their Maxtors ... sheesh). The VenueServer had to be
restarted occaisionally, but I'm thinking it was a few months between
intervals. We have a bridge server on a different machine (another 3Ghz
P4 that does web stuff), since because of the audio and video VICs on
the AV machine, they cannot occupy the same machine.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics