[AG-TECH] more on multi-input capture.

Gurcharan S. Khanna Gurcharan.S.Khanna at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Jul 15 20:53:58 CDT 2005

hi,

the x11 thing is from earlier unix versions where x11 might
be running. in that case, x11 is the display device and vic
can grab it (i think it wants you to set the coordinate
limits) like a screen capture and send it (like vnc sort
of).

whether this works when running a version of x11 under
windows, i'm not sure. there are various x11
implementations for windows, such as hummingbird,
reflections, xwin, etc. x11 on the mac is similar in that
sense but a little more "native" than under windows i would
say.

fyi,

-gurcharan
-----------
Gurcharan S. Khanna
Director of Academic Research Computing
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York
http://www.rit.edu/~gskpop

---"Supreeya Miller" <Supreeya.Miller at usm.edu> wrote ---
Fred,

No.  I did not play with this as much as I wanted to.  I
did not understand
about the whole x11 thing on Windows either.  May be some
experts out there
could help answering :)

Supreeya Miller
System Administrator, Scientific Visualization Researcher,
and Access Grid
Coordinator
Center of Higher Learning
Building 1103 Visualization Center