[AG-TECH] Fedora Core 3 Error

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jul 13 21:28:14 CDT 2005

Hi David,

> I've just reinstalled Fedora Core 3 on an Audio node and after I updated
> the yum and ran (yum install AccessGrid) the installation begins but
> stops to the error of:
>
> Error:  missing dependency: vnc is needed by package Access Grid
> Error: missing dependency: wxPython is needed by package Access Grid
>

> Has anyone seen this error before?

You need to add the Fedora Extras 3 repository details to the
/etc/yum.repos.d/ to satisfy the wxPython dependencies, see:
http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/fedora/fedora_install.html

I no longer include the wxPython/wxGTK RPMs for Fedora Core 3 and later on
my site now because Fedora Extras is now officially part of the Fedora
Project.

vnc is a RPM that comes with Fedora Core 3, so it is odd that yum can't find
it, unless the Fedora Core 3 yum repository you are using has been deleted
now that Fedora Core 4 has come out. You could download vnc-4.0-8.i386.rpm
from:
  ftp://ftp.uq.edu.au/mirror/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
and issue:
  rpm -ivh vnc-4.0-8.i386.rpm

Cheers,
Doug