[AG-TECH] more on multi-input capture.

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Tue Jul 12 16:38:16 CDT 2005

	Hi,

	Having installed a Spectra8 after using a WinTV 150PVR, I can tell you
it's *very easy* to get going. Yes, each input installs a driver
individually (4 goes round the 'found new hardware' wizard - yawn, but
once it's done it's done). After that it just works like 4 individual
capture cards. As mentioned before, the inherent problem with VIC not
being able to differentiate between the sources and 'colliding' over
what input to use still remains, but that's Windows thing and happens
any time there is more than one capture device. You just have to select
the 'other' source(s), whatever they may be, when the window prompts you
and all sources will come up nicely.
	Spectra8 cards, being 4 BT878 chips, would work nicely under Linux and
not suffer from that problem (they'd just be /dev/video0, /dev/video1
etc.), although I have not personally tested it.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics