[AG-TECH] AG on G4 laptop

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 25 12:42:30 CST 2005

Using an iSight partially works, but you will have issues with audio
quality -- you should be noticing the voices sound slightly lower and
you'll have a regular loss of audio.

This is because support for osx in rat is still fairly new.  Rat is
expecting an audio device whose sample rate is 44.1kHz (a typical
powerbook or iMac built-in audio device) instead of the iSight's 48kHz.
There is not a fix for this yet; it requires more development of the audio
code.  A G5 tower sound card's sample rate can be changed to 44.1kHz, but
the iSight's cannot.  That is why the G5 built-in audio device can work,
but the iSight has some problems.

I'm not sure why the built-in audio device did not work for you since it
works on our powerbook here.  There may be some remaining issues there.

Eric