[AG-TECH] Audio service on Mac freezes the machine

Jon Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 23 15:40:14 CST 2005

The machine is a PowerBook G4 1GHz with 1 GB of RAM.

We unplugged the iSight camera and went into a venue
without any services. When we added an audio service
we actually got audio to work. This is with the
built-in mic selected, and the iSight unplugged - that's
what it takes to keep audio from crashing?

After plugging in the iSight we managed to add a video
consumer and producer and that seemed to run fine too.
We saved this configuration and now when we go into a venue
the services are starting correctly.

This seems vry finicky to set up, but getting is working on
a Mac is very neat.

Jon.

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services