[AG-TECH] iSight/Mac - odd configuration steps (was What Version of OS X for Macs Works?)

kathy gill kegill at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 22 16:20:42 CST 2005

Whatever works, right?

1) I reinstalled OS 10.3.7, followed by reinstallation of AG for the Mac.

2) I launched the app with iSight enabled. It froze when VIC launched,
per the prior thread.

3) I rebooted, unplugged iSight, launched AG. It's receiving just fine -
wish I'd thought of this last night!

4) Checked "manage my node". Discovered no videoproducer service; added
it. Select resource: MacOSX (no other choice)

5) Plugged iSight back into firewire port.

6) Confirmed video running when iChat launched. Quit iChat.

7) VIC is transmitting a "blank" screen in two shades of blue -- just
like last week when iSight did not work with anything. :-/

8) Deleted videoproducer service. (blue screen did not disappear)

9) Added videoproducer service.

NOW it shows that iSight is broadcasting.

So ... that error/freeze must have been because the producerservice was
not enabled, yet there was video incoming?

Kathy