[AG-TECH] VIC won't start

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 17 15:12:14 CST 2005

Hi West:

The venueserver allocates multicast addresses dynamically by default.  When someone enters
the venue and will be sending video, a multicast address is allocated and used.  If no one
in the venue is sending video, there will be no mcast address for it, so when you enter
with a consumer-only setup, vic will not start.

If you add a producer to your setup, and enter the venue, things should work fine.
Alternately, you can configure the venue to use static mcast addresses for audio and
video, and then your consumer vic will start (showing no video streams, of course).

Tom