[AG-TECH] VenueVNCServer available

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Thu Feb 10 01:05:59 CST 2005

Hello!

I have run the VenueVNCServer successfully on Windows and Fedora Core 3.
Works great so far.
I did some minor changes e.g. the python script takes the Xvnc application
form the local directory instead of the version from /usr/bin, but thats not
necessary in general and only required to reflect our project internal
needs.

On Windows I also put the winvnc4.exe (and dlls) into the same directory as
the Python script. I think that makes it more handy, but thats my personal
opinion. I am currently working on a windows installer based upon NSIS to
have a easy way of distributing the Windows VNCServer among the partners in
our project. If there is interest I can provide that installer for the
public.
I also planned to include a small windows app that allows me to launch the
VenueVNC server based on the current users Venue-Bookmarks, so that in the
end you don't have to use console commands  at all to launch it.

Cheers
Michael

Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier
HLRS - Visualization / Video Conferencing
University of Stuttgart
Germany
Website: http://www.hlrs.de/organization/vis/people/braitmaier/