[AG-TECH] Per-node certificates

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Feb 4 19:19:14 CST 2005

On 05/02/2005, at 4:42 AM, Steve Gallo wrote:

> I believe that you can use an anonymous certificate, although
> I think that there are some restrictions on what you can/can't
> do with them.

That is a good use for Anonymous certificates. Their potential
shortcoming is if/when ACL's are used for secure meetings (very rarely
done so far). If I were setting up a secure meeting room, my first
general "deny" rule would be aimed at any Anonymous certificate. Mind
you, I'm not sure that thats possible with the current ACL's, but an
ideal system should "allow" or "deny" classes of certificate such as
Anonymous.

chris

Christoph Willing                        Ph: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland