[AG-TECH] Installation guide for AG2.3 on RedHat Fedora Core 3 (Updated)

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Tue Feb 1 23:40:13 CST 2005

G'day Everyone

To further the email on the installation of AG2.3 on RedHat Fedora Core
3 Guide, we have a released a new version containing a major amount of
updates on the documentation, including feedback from some of you (The
document is like 47 page long, including pictures). Below list some of
the topics covered.

1.0 	Introduction
2.0 	Installing RedHat Fedora Core 3
3.0 	Updating Fedora Core 3
4.0 	Installing the Access Grid Software
5.0 	Access Grid First Time Setup
	5.1	Single node configuration
	5.1.1	Setting up the Venue Client
	5.1.1.1	Setting up the Service Manager
	5.1.1.2	Configuring a Video Consumer Service
	5.1.1.3	Configuring a Video Producer Service
	5.1.1.4	Configuring an Audio Service
	5.1.1.5	Saving Service Manager Settings
	5.1.1.6	Final Configuration of the Venue Client
	5.2	Multiple node configuration
	5.2.1	Configuring the Host File
	5.2.2	Setting up the Venue Client
		5.2.2.1	Setting up the Service Manager
		5.2.2.2	Configuring Video Consumer Service
		5.2.2.3	Configuring Video Producer Service
		5.2.2.4	Configuring an Audio Service
		5.2.2.5	Saving Service Manager Settings
		5.2.2.6	Final Configuration of the Venue Client
6.0	Obtaining a Certificate	27-35
	6.1	Requesting a Certificate
	6.1.1	Identity Certificate
	6.1.2	Anonymous Certificate
	6.2	Importing a Certificate

7.0 	Getting the Sound Working
	7.1	Alsamixer configuration
	7.2	Kmix configuration
8.0	Installing Beacon v1.1-0
	8.1	Introduction
	8.2	Installation
	8.3	Conclusion
9.0	Installing VNC Viewer
	9.1	Introduction
	9.2	Installation
	9.3	Conclusion
10.0 	Hints and Tips
	10.1	Screensaver
	10.2	Running the Access Grid manually
	10.3	Autostart AGServiceManager.py (Multi-node Only)
	10.4	Configuring AG automatically when running it manually
	10.5	Changing System Service
	10.6	Changing default login environment to KDE
	10.7	Changing panel size
	10.8	Storing and Restoring Alsamixer Settings
	10.9	Killing the AG Processes
11.0 	Conclusion
12.0	Additional Information

The documentation can be found here:
http://hpc.cqu.edu.au/accessgrid.html#DOCS

A User-Guide can be found here and we are in the process of making the
User-Guide more generic and I will keep the mailing list post as soon as
it has been completed.

As always, feedback is appreciated, as we are always trying to improve
the documentation.

Thanks,
Jason.