[AG-TECH] Bridging at NCSA venues

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Tue Dec 13 11:51:18 CST 2005

Hey Michael,

Yesterday during a meeting for SCGlobal 2006 we attempted to use the
NCSA bridge in (platinum venue? i forget exactly)  and, as usual?, it
seems that the multicast side is not "receiving" the unicast side.
I.e. on Unicast we can see and hear everyone but no one can see or
hear those on unicast. Cindy was there, she can verify! I think we
were also getting Jim Miller via unicast, but he had other issues for
connecting (IG node?) anyway. We should have had him call in...
anywho, didn't see you in the meadow or else would have let you know
in real time.

It seems to me the bridge is running as if it is receiving multicast
but not sending. We ended up having to put everyone on unicast so
that I could participate. (unfortunately, my multicast is broken).

This seems to be the same problem we've been having all along -
right? Has everyone else been having this same problem still?

Today i know i'll be in on another meeting at 3:30pm-5pm (CST) in the
schoolhouse venue and figure it will happen again if i can't get
multicast working here in time.

Cheers! John Q.

--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.