[AG-TECH]Video cards

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 21:55:46 CDT 2005

Hi John,

> Have you heard of anyone successfully using two NVIDIA multi-monitor cards
> such as GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 PCI-Express or NVIDIA Quadro NVS 400
> Graphics Cards?  On the other hand, are there any recommendations besides
> Matrox video cards for requirements of a three video card connection, two
> projectors(PCI)/one control monitor(AGP)running under FC4 or WinXP node?

The following are just generic comments about putting 2 Nvidia cards in the
same PC.

On Linux if you get no video from the PCI graphics card but do from PCIe (or
AGP), you may need to use the use the Int10 module to initialize the PCI
card, i.e. in the xorg.conf file's "Device" section for the PCI card add:
    Option      "UseInt10Module" "1"

On Windows if you get no video from the PCI with the latest Nvidia drivers,
then try earlier versions. I had to do this once.

If you are using a Dell with multiple Nvidia cards, don't select the "auto"
video option in the BIOS as you may not get anything from any of the
videocards. Interestingly I don't run into this problem with ATI cards.

Cheers,
Doug