[AG-TECH] Portal node listings ...

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Tue Aug 30 11:27:10 CDT 2005

	In looking at the node listings it made me think about the multicast
beacons again. I thought it might be worth pointing out to those on this
list that manage a beacon but are not on the beacon mailing list that
the current version 1.1 of the multicast beacon is going to be retired
next week (7th). With the 1.3 software, now released, the main live
beacon server will then just be jhereg.ncsa.uiuc.edu as per the new
default config. It has to be that hostname since the newer beacon
software doesn't work with CNAMEs for some reason that's being looking
into. The website aliases and links on the AGcentral page will still
work of course.
	You can get the new beacon here: http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/beacon/

	Just thought I'd pass that on.

	Derek