[AG-TECH] Conference XP vs AG

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Tue Aug 30 10:48:35 CDT 2005

	Is that still the story on interoperability? Those posts you linked to
are years old. Is there a VRVS style bridging thing somewhere?. Sorry to
resurect an old thread, I'm getting back into reading the list after
vacation.
	I've taken a look at Conference XP and it's very slick to operate, just
run it and go like Bob said. Also does shared applications, including a
'screen streamer' too. The only thing slightly unweidly is the venue
stuff, you have to add a venue server to a list of entries and then
select it to go to it, as far as I can see there's not the 'url bar'
style that AccessGrid has, there are also many less venues, as far as I
can tell.
	Audio and Video seems limited to the client machine, i.e. you can't
have multiple machines running cameras and audio and tie them together
like AG does, and of course it's Windows only.
	Running a Venue server is simple enough, and like I mentioned you have
to add the url to a drop-down list and then select it to access that
server's venues.
	I'd enjoy doing some distance/conference tests if anyone else wants to
play with it too. It'd be interesting to see how it handles many
participants. If anyone wants to play with it, email me off-list and let
me know.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111