[AG-TECH] Venue Server and Clients inside or outside the general firewall?

Lorenz, Sabine Sabine.Lorenz at iwr.fzk.de
Tue Aug 23 04:55:51 CDT 2005

Dear all,

We are planning to install an own venue server and I don't know where to
place it (behind the firewall of our organization or outside the
firewall (in the DMZ) and protect it with an own firewall).
Up to now the network behind the firewall of our research centre is not
multicast-enabled but I hope that we can enable that.

What are your experiences and where do you have your venue
servers/bridge server and your venue clients?
Do you all have your networks multicast-enabled or do you work outside
the general firewall?

Thank you very much for any input or suggestions,
Sabine Lorenz

Sabine Lorenz
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
Inst. f. Wissenschaftliches Rechnen (IWR)
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

e-mail: sabine.lorenz at iwr.fzk.de