[AG-TECH] How to post?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 16 14:46:19 CDT 2005

Hi Jeff:

You've successfully posted to the ag-tech mailing list.  Your earlier
mail may not have gotten through, if you posted before you subscribed.

Now that you're on the list, you will see that there is much successful
use of the Access Grid.  A google search would also convince you of that.

The AG community does lack a current equipment list, mostly because such
a list is difficult to maintain when the hardware changes so quickly.
The Hardware Specification on accessgrid.org/agdp will tell you what
components are needed, though the specific hardware references are out
of date.  I have had some discussions recently about having the
community maintain a hardware list, but that will take some time.  For
now, you can get many of the answers you need by looking through the
mailing list archives, asking new questions where necessary.  Also, I've
had several discussions with the folks over at the Institute for
Theoretical Sciences at Notre Dame lately, while they've been planning
their node; they might be a good, local source of information.

If we can be of help, let us know.

Tom