[AG-TECH] Re: AccessGrid For NetBSD

Pritesh Shah pritesh.krish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:09:12 CDT 2005

hi Chris,

Sorry could not respond to your mail all these days, as i was in and
out of my office.
It seemed that i was using a wrong patch for vic, which did not have a
grabber for bktr cards. The patch among other changes adds a file
called grabber-meteor.cc
which is the grabber for bktr cards. Previously i was using a wrong
patch which did not have any support for bktr cards. So, that was one
problem, Another trivial problem was i was trying to test the camera
and capture card (/dev/bktr0) using fxtv, and was then using new
upgraded vic for that camera and that particular capture card
(/dev/bktr0). Eventually this particular card was showing interlaced
lines which i spoke about before in my other mails. Changing the
ports, as was suggested by you in your previous mail, to use other
cards on the machine did the trick, and now vic seems to work fine.
Thanks for the advise.

There was one more issue here:

I have four capture cards. Each one has four inputs, three for
Composite video type, and one for S-video. If i plugin two cameras in
any of the inputs in one capture cards, the vic shows only one of the
feeds, i'm guessing that this might be due to the fact that the
grabber probes for the card and since its already sending a BUSY ioctl
call, its just not able to capture the other video feed from the same
card.

Please correct me if i'm wrong here. Is this true for other OS's also.
In one vic window its recognizing the card properly and showing up the
video feed.
In another vic window when menu > device is clicked that particular
card's option is disabled, i mean its just grayed out and cannot be
selected.

Thanks,
Pritesh.