[AG-TECH] CentOS RPMs

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Aug 5 17:00:03 CDT 2005

Hi Ian,

> I am working on installing a CentOS 4.1 based Access Grid Node, and
> want to roll my own RPMs. So, opinions on the best route to go?

As far as I know, CentOS 4.1 is based on RHEL 4, which in turn is based on
FC3, so it may be simpler to just install the FC3 RPMs.

> I could rebuild the FC3 SRPMs from Doug Kosovic, or I can build
> everything by hand and roll them that way. Advice?

The globus-accessgrid and AccessGrid RPMs can only be built by hand (as I
don't provide SRPMs) per the instructions on:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/fedora/

Or are you talking about building and/or running from CVS?

The only SRPMs I provide in:
  http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC3/stable/SRPMS/
are:
  gpt-3.0.1-3.src.rpm
  openoffice.org-pyuno-1.1.1-1.src.rpm
  wxmozilla-0.5.4-1.src.rpm

gpt is used to build globus
openoffice.org-pyuno is for the SharedPresentation shared app. It's only a
psuedo SRPM that contains a pre-built built pyuno Python module (it would
have been a modified 150MB OpenOffice SRPM otherwise).
wxmozilla is for SharedBrowser shared app.

SRPMs for wxPython and wxGTK can be obtained from Fedora Extras 3:
  http://fedoraproject.org/extras/3/SRPMS/

wxPython and wxGTK would need to be installed before you start building the
AccessGrid RPM.

> Also, my old config was audio and video boxes were Linux boxes and
> display and control were on a single Win2K box. For the best use of
> shared apps, should I stick to this, or make them all Linux?

All of the standard AGTk shared apps work on Fedora, but as to if you decide
to use Linux as your dispay PC is your choice. If you expect to use
SharedPresentation a bit, you may sometimes encounter problems with
OpenOffice rendering PowerPoint slides.