[AG-TECH] Using service certificates for Nodes

Rhys Hawkins Rhys.Hawkins at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 21:59:47 CDT 2005

Hi Vic,

I just did a test where I started up the service manager on our video
machine with the service certificate and from my desktop node using my
personal certificate, I was able to add the video machine as a service
manager in the node management and add producers etc. So in theory
anybody can do this which is clearly not a good thing.

So I put the identity certificate (different to the one on my desktop
node) back on the video machine, and I can still add the video machine
as a service manager to my desktop node and add VideoProducer services!
Again in theory, anybody could do this or have I got something wrong?

Cheers,
    Rhys