[AG-TECH] Re: [AG-DEV] Windows compile of VIC w/ VC7

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 3 09:12:01 CDT 2005

Hi Ben:

Recently on this list, on a separate topic, Doug Kosovic wrote:

> You could always download the free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (which includes the same C/C++ compiler and linker as VS.NET 2003), see:
>  http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Details of how we build vic for windows as part of the AG toolkit can be
found in AccessGrid/packaging/BuildVic.py (a less than straightforward
location, yes).

You should be able to build vic by opening a visual studio command
window in the ag-media directory, and:

devenv vic\vic.sln /rebuild "DDraw Release"

You've found the right place to send the patches.  We'll have to look at
them more closely to decide whether they have general applicability
before committing them; a more detailed description of what they
accomplish would be helpful.

If you run into more trouble, continue sending to ag-dev.

Tom