[AG-TECH] Re: AG trouble

Mark Hereld hereld at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 27 20:11:29 CDT 2005

Hello Muhamad,

I've cc'd your problem to the ag-tech mailing list.  Thereat communes the
worlds largest,
most formidable, and only official Olympic Games Access Grid guru
cluster.  If they can't help you, then there is no solution -- that's their
motto, anyway.

Cheers,
Mark

P.S. I enjoyed your Abutek website as it cleared up many mysteries.

At 04:58 PM 4/27/2005, you wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Mark,
>
> From what I've been told, you are our AG guru contact so here's my question:
>
>We helped the nice people at brown university in Providence, RI set up an
>AG node. Their setup though is behind a NAT firewall. However, they opened
>up a set of ports for us to get through. We've configured the bridge
>config file to use that range of ports. The problem is that most of the
>time the vic and rat use the same port and either audio or video is
>stomped on (ie completely ousted). And even in the case that they get
>assigned different ports, they don't get our video. I myself am neither a
>networking or AG wizard and couldn't determine the source of this problem.
>
>If you think you can help us with this problem, our gratitude will be
>extended to you. Otherwise, please let me know who you think could help us
>out with this problem.
>
>Thanks
>
>Muhamad

Mark Hereld                     Futures Laboratory
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~hereld/ Mathematics & Computer Science
                                 Argonne National Laboratory
Voice: 630 252 4170             9700 S. Cass Ave. #221
FAX:   630 252 6424             Argonne, IL 60439