[AG-TECH] Quad Capture card performance

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Apr 25 10:03:37 CDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Derek Piper wrote:

> 	Of course if the system you're installing on only supports 32-bit x
> 33Mhz slots (as many do) then you're not going to get a lot of benefit.

Absolutely, and worth pointing out for anyone who didn't understand.  64bit
PCI / PCI-X must be viewed as a bonus when speccing up AG machines (although
the number of PCI-X capture cards out there is, I assume, limited.

jh

--
"Computer science is as much about computers as astronomy is about
  telescopes."                                        -- Edsgar Wybe Dijkstra