[AG-TECH] Multicast Issues

Caren Litvanyi litvanyi at grnoc.iu.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:34:44 CDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Joe Barron wrote:

> Howdy Gang -
>
> We are running a few inSORS boxes and appear to be having multicast
> issues. We connected just fine in a conference yesterday in the
> Walkabout venue. This morning, we can get and transmit audio but we are
> not getting and no one is receiving video.
>
> Another site in Texas has reported similar issues. Is anyone aware of
> any larger I2 issues currently?

There have been no known issues on I2.  The fact that your audio
group is working shows basic functionality across Abilene.
To debug this, we generally need the multicast group address,
the host IP address of an active source, and the host IP address
of an active receiver.  Both the working (audio) and non-working
(video) group address are useful.  Also, if there is a particular
gigapop involved, in it sometimes useful to alert them.
Also, check local issues like filters and TTLs.
Thanks!
Caren
Caren Litvanyi, network engineer
Global Research NOC at Indiana University
litvanyi at grnoc.iu.edu
o:812-856-4576  c:720-839-7739