[AG-TECH] VenueVNC in 2.3?

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 21 03:51:52 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I have couple of fixes for those people trying to use VenueVNC with Fedora.

1. VenueVNC client fix, you will need to issue the following as root:
   chmod a+rx /etc/AccessGrid/SharedApplications/VenueVNC/vncviewer
(this will be fixed in a new AccessGrid RPM I plan to release this week, it
will include a few other bug fixes)

2. VenueVNC server fixes regarding XAuthority.
A modified version of VenueVNCServer.py (patch or complete file) can be
found here:
  http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC2/stable/patches/

In the modifed VenueVNCServer.py I use a transient XAuthority file to
tighten up security, it also allows the X applications executed from
~/.venuevnc/xstartup, access to the VNC display.

VenueVNCServer.py can be started as per the README.

>> I read the README, but I don't see any rpms in CVS.  Are they available
>> yet?
>
> At this moment, there is no RPM for the VenueVNC server, you could just
> copy the 3 files (VenueVNCServer.py, Xvnc, vncrandpwd) from CVS (note:
> Xvnc and vncrandpwd are linux binary executables). I haven't tried
> running the VenueVNC server myself.
>
> The VenueVNC viewer package is included with the AccessGrid-2.3 RPM:
>
> # rpm -ql AccessGrid-2.3 | grep VNC
> /etc/AccessGrid/SharedApplications/VenueVNC.agpkg
> /etc/AccessGrid/SharedApplications/VenueVNC.zip
>
> The VenueVNC viewer ag-package gets installed into:
>  /etc/AccessGrid/SharedApplications/VenueVNC

Doug