[AG-TECH] WinXP sp2?

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Thu Sep 16 14:54:02 CDT 2004

AG seemed to work on XP-SP2; however, the biggest issue I found is there
seems to be no way of allowing a block of ports through the XP firewall.
  From what I can see, each port must be individually allowed through
the firewall....

While most of the connections are 'firewall friendly'... the streams use
RTP port pairs - so you have to tell the firewall about the additional
connections.

Its not really a practical solution to enter the ports individually if
the venueserver you are connecting to selects random ports from a range
50000 to ~65000.

I've only preliminarily investigated this... however this problem seems
to be confirmed at this article:
http://www.winnetmag.com/Windows/Articles/ArticleID/43085/pg/3/3.html

If anyone has a work around I'd be interested to hear!

Todd
--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca