[AG-TECH] RE: AGN OS

Steve Gallo smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Thu Sep 16 08:34:48 CDT 2004

We have a node with XP as the display machine and 2 RHEL3 WS boxes
and the audio and video machines.  Things are working well, the install
required a couple of packages off of the "unsupported" cd for the
hauppage video support but everything installed pretty well.  We do have
a problem with the rat taking 99% of the cpu on the audio machine but
2.3 may fix that with the ALSA support although I haven't tried it yet.

I am _supposed_ to get RHEL3 rpms built but was having some difficulty
getting them to build and then got pulled to some other projects.  Perhaps
with 2.3 I can get them built.

Steve