[AG-TECH] New agtk ebuilds

Martin Polak mpolak at gup.jku.at
Mon Sep 6 01:00:20 CDT 2004

Ti Leggett wrote:
> Something's very strange here. The bsddb python module should be
> provided by the python-2.3 ebuild. The libdb-4.so should be provided by
> the sys-libs/db ebuild. Do you not have one of those?

I could find other versions, than the ones requested on the machine, so
maybe it just had been some linking problem caused by some emerge -p
accidentially removing a slot of the berkeley-db libs?

And by the way: sorry, I still owe you the output of
/var/tmp/portage/pyglobus, but I've been very busy last week, not being
able to access the AG machines.

Martin

>>I'm not sure where that's coming from since, I don't have that
>>installed. What is pulling that in do you know?

>>>On my system I found a missing dependency for
>>>
>>>dev-python/bsddb3
>>>
>>>(The VenueClient couldn't find libdb-4.so upon startup)
>>>
>>>Martin

Dipl.-Ing.
Martin Polak

Institute of Graphics and Parallel Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenbergerstrasse 69
A-4040 Linz, AUSTRIA, EUROPE                 ________  ______
phone: +43 732 2468 8884                   / / __/ / / / /_/ /
fax: +43 732 2468 9496                    / /_/ / /_/ / ____/
mobile: +43 699 112 02 493                \____/\____/_/
email: mpolak at gup.jku.at              http://www.gup.uni-linz.ac.at/