[AG-TECH] Text Chat Announcement

Ian Kaufman idkaufman at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 2 13:28:43 CDT 2004

We're big on using Psi here at NERSC. Works well on Windows,
Mac OSX, and Linux. SSL and GnuPG support either included or
easily installed.

http://psi.affinix.com/

Ian

Ti Leggett wrote:

> I use Gaim under linux and it really rocks:
>
> http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
>
> On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 11:15, Tom Coffin wrote:
>
>>cool!
>>
>>Ivan, what's your jabber client of choice?
>>http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.php
>>

>>At 11:18 PM 9/1/2004 -0500, Ivan R. Judson wrote:
>>   >
>>   >Howdy,
>>   >
>>   >Tonight is the night for announcements, I guess.
>>   >
>>   >For those of you at the AG Retreat you saw the presentation about the
>>   >integration of Jabber with the AG2 venue client. We're planning on that
>>   >integration being part of the 3.0 development cycle. In order to
>>prepare for
>>   >that we're putting up a Jabber server for the AG community to use.
>>   >
>>   >This jabber server will also provide the ag groupies a place to hang
>>out, we
>>   >have already created the meadow. When AG1 is turned off, the MOO
>>associated
>>   >with it will also be decommisioned. The AG jabber server will serve as the
>>   >replacement.
>>   >
>>   >For more information on Jabber, please visit: http://www.jabber.org.
>>Once we
>>   >have the server configured completely and have tested it thoroughly
>>we'll be
>>   >announcing its availability to ag-tech.
>>   >
>>   >Please stay tuned.
>>   >
>>   >--Ivan
>>   >
>>   >

>>Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu

Ian Kaufman                                   Email:idkaufmanatlbldotgov
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab                Phone:(510)XXX-XXXX
National Energy Research Scientific Computing Ctr
1 Cyclotron Rd, MS 50F
Berkeley, CA 94720