[AG-TECH] Idea for creating "observer only" venues

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 24 20:07:27 CDT 2004

Hey Frank,

In one respect I agree, the details are not completely implemented, in
another I disagree, since it's entirely conceivable that a client can call
the "enter" operation on the venue, but not the "negotiate_capabilities"
call which would give them stream information.

We're currently considering how to support these calls in the next release
and the ideas we have might support exactly what you're pointing out as a
use case. We'll have to make sure.

In any case, if the venue can provide this functionality, it's much easier
:-)

--Ivan