[AG-TECH] Windows RAT help.

Bruce Donald Campbell bdc at hitl.washington.edu
Thu Oct 21 13:49:25 CDT 2004

Hi Jim,

For us, we got that behavior when we had the echo cancellation option
turned on. Once I turned it off, we were fine transmitting and receiving
audio simultaneously.

Cheers, Bruce

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 jim.senechal at ndsu.nodak.edu wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:59:56 -0500 (CDT)
> From: jim.senechal at ndsu.nodak.edu
> To: ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
> Subject: [AG-TECH] Windows RAT help.
>
> Hello all,
>
> I seem to have run into something new here.  I finally got my node set up,
> with 2.3.  I was experimenting with OS as usual I decided to go with XP on
> the display box, Fedora Core 2 on the video box, and XP again on the audio
> box.  Here is what I have run into on the audio, for some reason in the
> rat, I don't get any audio from remote sites until I unmute our mics, I
> have tried everything I can think of between rat settings and XP audio
> settings and nothing has fixed it.  Has anyone else ran into something
> like this?  Any ideas?  Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
> Jim Senechal
> NDSU

  Bruce Campbell, Human Interface Technology Laboratory
0 0        at the University of Washington          0 0
^-^    http://www.hitl.washington.edu/people/bdc    ^-^
/^\       CEV> http://www.cev.washington.edu/       /^\