[AG-TECH] ip addresses for today's megacruise

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Tue Oct 19 20:24:23 CDT 2004

I have some ip addresses (probably all of them) for the participants in
today's megacruise, snarfed out of the RTP control packets from our IDS.
(in addition to the 2 or 3 that were contributed on jabber)

If anyone (legit :-) ) is interested please ask.

Data includes the srcid record "user at numeric.ip" plus (often) email,
personal name, phone number, location, room name. Also vic/rat versions
but I didn't copy them.

The elegant way to do this probably to make an AG service, or
add logging to vic/rat. I did it the nasty way  ...
 tcpdump -X port <ratcontrolport> | perl <crude script>

I'd been looking for a way to figure out where people were to correlate
with multicast beacons and traces, and this kind of works ...

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376
security at triumf.ca