[AG-TECH] strange rat error

Richard Lawley ral01r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 8 05:03:11 CDT 2004

I've just seen this same problem again in another meeting, again with an
Insors node causing the problems.  They were showing up initially in rat
with two entries.  The operator there stopped the audio tool, and one of
them went away, but the other remained.  Rat still crashed immediately upon
connection for everyone else.  I tried rat 4.2.22 and 4.2.16 with the same
behaviour.  We changed venues, and then everything was fine (even with the
insors node present).

Rat was crashing with two different errors:

rat-4.2.22-media: cc_vanilla.c:298: vanilla_decoder_peek: Assertion `done <=
len' failed.

And

rat-4.2.22-media: util.c:87: _block_alloc: Assertion `size > 0' failed.

This is a very annoying bug!

Richard