[AG-TECH] [Patch] Big Linux fixup patch

Colin Perkins csp at csperkins.org
Fri Nov 26 05:43:10 CST 2004

On 26 Nov 2004, at 11:32, Steve Smith wrote:
>> Probably (although it did used to work on 64 bit Solaris/SPARC, so
>> I'm a little surprised you're finding so many problems - I guess the
>> Linux 64 bit ABI is somehow different to the Solaris one).
>
> My understanding is that on the sparc architecture programs compiled
> to 64-bit are slower than 32-bit, so Solaris (and also Linux Sparc
> distros) by default compile to 32-bit and only 64-bit on demand.

Okay, that would explain why we didn't hit these issues before. If you
have further patches I'm happy to integrate them into the UCL CVS: it'd
be great if we could collect all these fixes into a single place,
rather than having them fragment across the various RAT source trees
people are maintaining.

Cheers,
Colin