[AG-TECH] multisystem node

shudo at ni.aist.go.jp shudo at ni.aist.go.jp
Wed Nov 24 20:12:25 CST 2004

From: "Thomas D. Uram" <turam at mcs.anl.gov>

> The first things you want to check is that each machine can resolve the hostname of the
> other,

A Node manager obtains the Windows' computer name and resolve it in
Internet ways (LMHOSTS, DNS and ...) when the Node Manager contacts
Service Managers.  We have to set Windows' computer name carefully as
it can be resolved.

Is this correct?

I found this when I tried to construct a multi-machine node.
A single-machine node does not suffer this problem.

> and that the time on each machine is synched to an ntp server (e.g.,
> ntp-1.accessgrid.org).  Beyond that, you should look in the AG log files for an indication
> of the problem.

I also faced the time synch problem.
A GSI connection could not be established if not synchronized.

I cound not find any indication in the log files when I used AGTk
2.1.1b and 2.1.2.  The log files said only like `could not establish'
and it was hard to distinguish the cause.

> Ramon Newton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble connecting a win 2000 (display machine) and a fedora
> > core 2 (video machine) to each other with ag2.3. Both systems will get
> > to the internet fine but for some reason they don't want to connect
> > together through the node management tool. Do I need to download the
> > multinode service update that was required in version 2.2 ? If anyone
> > has any ideas or a good way to troubleshoot this please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ramon Newton
> > LLNL

  Kazuyuki Shudo
  Grid Technology Research Center
  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)