[AG-TECH] beaconserver

David McNabb mcnabb at umd.edu
Fri Nov 5 08:42:48 CST 2004

Marius,

I just searched my XP machine (with working
beacon client) for msvcr71.dll files.  I
found six, with various Modified date/time
and all but one the same size.  Try this:
see which you are missing from my list,
copy one of your others to that folder,
and then see if the beacon will work.

Let me know what happens.  I'll post this
idea back to the list to see if anyone else
has seen this problem and/or has a better
suggestion for fixing it.

  --David McNabb

Name	Date Time Modified	Size
 In Folder

---------------------------------------

msvcr71.dll	8/27/04	1:06 PM	340 KB
	C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

msvcr71.dll	2/21/03 3:42PM	340 KB
 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\URTTemp

MSVCR71.DLL	2/21/03 11:42AM	340 KB
 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSDesigners7

MSVCR71.DLL	2/21/03 4:42PM	340 KB
 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Visual Database Tools

MSVCR71.DLL	3/18/03 3:23PM	336 KB
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS

msvcr71.dll	2/21/03 3:42PM	340 KB
 C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322