[AG-TECH] Running VenueServer 24/7

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Nov 1 12:58:52 CST 2004

Derek Piper said:

> 	Hi,
>
> 	I have been running a venue server, hoping to make sure I can keep one
> running reliably. I have found that although it will run with no
> problems during a day, the following day it has disconnected all
> participants and when attempting to join again I get 'Authorization
> failed'. Stopping and starting the VenueServer has things working again.
> Is this due to a globus proxy expiration? If so, how do I get around
> that problem?

Derek, this sounds like your running the server with the standard 12 hour
certificate. What you need to do is run grid-proxy-init. There it will ask
you for your passphrase and how many hours you want to make the
certificate valid. I enter 3000 (hours) or more if you wish. Now start the
VenueServer. It should stay alive for a long time now.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility