[AG-TECH] PIG Microphone Audio dies when more than one person in venue

Many Ayromlou mayromlo at ryerson.ca
Thu May 20 09:43:34 CDT 2004

Hi Alson,

It's a pretty common problem. It has to do with Echo cancelation (Echo
Supperesion)  system built into Rat. If you're running a PIG install (or any
other install really) you can go to the options menu in Rat and under Audio
turn off Echo cancelation (or whatever it's called). I bet that right now
it's on automatic.

When in Automatic everything works fine as long as you're by yourself but as
soon as someone else enters the venue and starts talking your machine will
automatically go into mute mode (to try to get rid of the echo). Now since
most sites have hardware echo cancellers (Gentners, Polycoms) they usually
leave their audio on during a conference (or even sometimes on for no
reason), this will cause setups like yours to "automute" as soon as they get
in the venue.

Anyways, the short of it is if you have some otherway of preventing echo (ie:
use of mic headsets or External hardware echo cancellers) then you can safely
turn that check box off.

TTYL
Many