[AG-TECH] Linux Packaging for AGTk 2.2

Steve Gallo smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Sat May 22 07:02:47 CDT 2004

Hello,

I've got RedHat Enterprise WS and AS here, I can help in building
an RPM for those platforms (particularly WS which our node is
running on).

Steve

leases/2.2/redhat.html

This should include everything that was used to build the linux beta
package.  The build process includes a hierarchy of scripts that begins
with AccessGrid/packaging/BuildSnapshot.py, and progresses down to more
specific BuildPackage scripts.  We're using
packaging/linux/rpm/BuildPackage.py to build the RedHat73 package;
additional directories could be added under packaging/linux for
distro-specific details that you identify.

I need to write up the details of the linux build process and get that
out to all of you; I'll try to do that over the weekend.  In the
meantime, if you want to take a look at the source tarball and the build
scripts, feel free to do so and ask questions as often as necessary.

It would be great to be able to announce support for distributions other
than RedHat for the final release.  If there's anything we can do to
help with packaging, please let us know.

Thanks for your help,

Tom/The AG Team